Friday, January 5, 2007

A New WagnerWagon?

An old friend called my first blue Volkswagon the "WagnerWagon" and it was supposed to be a joke. Almost 20 years later though I still had the car and it still had the name. I sold it last year though. It was for a stupid reason, but I should be happy I think.

Here is Christine, namer of the WagnerWagon on a trip we took upstate to the Catskills. Notice she doesn't want to look at it. Or at me. This is because she didn't believe it would make it back out of those woods. For a little while, I thought she might have been right, but the W.W. prevailed against the elements.

I came here from Italy without a car and didn't expect to need one, but with a regular commute to the university that was going to change. So I went shopping. I had a BMW once and so I wanted something red and fast and … non-clerical. Except, there was this just sitting on the lot. It was clearly meant to be my car.

I guess I am meant to own funny looking blue Volkswagons. Who am I to argue with God?

--Fr Kurt

No comments: